Thursday, April 29, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
- i obviously have a baby
- i like my baby to have plenty of toys to play with (and bows to match outfits)
- i like to make lists
- i think it's important to have a matching wallet to my purse
- i love music
- lavendar is probably my favorite smell
- bright nail polish is essential on summer toes
- i tan in a tanning bed
- i frequent HEB almost daily
how fun!! why don't you play along?
and here are a couple of recent pics of sadie with mommy and daddy!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
i was paging through a book this morning "the girlfriend's guide to pregnancy" and at the end, it talks about losing the baby weight. i thought these 5 points were so funny and true:
- 1. it will take longer than you think.
- 2. you will have forgotten what you used to look like.
- 3. you will not get your old figure back until you stop nursing.
- 4. even when you have lost the pounds, you will have to wait for nature to take her own sweet time about tightening your flabby skin back up and pulling your hips back together again.
- 5. do not get pregnant until again until you have lost all the weight from the first baby.
and on that note, have a great day!!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
- putting everything in her mouth...her fist, her toys, her burp cloth
- smiling all the time! she's the only little person i know who ALWAYS wakes up happy
- kicking her legs and moving her arms constantly
- trying to sit up. she doesn't even like reclining in her car seat. she wants to be upright!
- noticing the world around her. it's hard for me to feed her out in public because she's too busy looking at everything.
i knew i would love our baby, but you don't realize just how much you love them until they're born. she is pure delight!
i think she's getting a bit spoiled because we give her SO much attention, she'd rather be talked to and played with than be in her crib by herself. but it's so fun and a little spoiling never hurt anybody right?! :)
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
while i cooked this for breakfast. herbed scrambled eggs (from my herb garden), bacon, toast, and coconut yogurt with berries
i was going to feed her right after we ate, but i looked over in the living room and she was sleeping!
sadie is just getting to be such a big girl. she's realized she can sit up, so now she doesn't want to lay around much or even recline in her car seat, she's always trying to sit up. and she talks constantly. she and mike will have conversations after he feeds her, so today during our meeting he was holding her, and she started talking then looked at him like 'why are you being quiet daddy?' too funny!
and she loves to look at books. i'm so thrilled because i adore reading (mike not so much) and i was hoping sadie would too. she was playing in her room this afternoon and i kept hearing her saying all kinds of things. so i went in to check on her and she was 'reading' her book. how cute is that?
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
we had summer clothes on yesterday...it's been so perfectly warm and sunshiney here. i love it :)
sadie is still not a huge fan of tummy time, but she's getting so strong and holding her head up more and more. it's so funny because mike can always tell when it's tummy time even if he's across the house...sadie makes this funny whining noise like 'not this again!' haha
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
peggy with sadie belle
i think brett is in love! he played with her and watched her the whole night. she just loves looking at him. it's so cute!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
i've also included the Bible in my daily read pile. it's a goal of mine to read some portion of the Bible daily, and i do really good for awhile, then get off track. but in the schedule on motivatedmoms.com, it even has a daily Bible reading section, so i have no excuse to not read it!